1. Service camera and take intro photography course online - I serviced my camera, and took one online lesson on aperture. This will be a carryover goal for February—so much to learn.
2. Complete Barre3 Challenge - This challenge kicked off my year in a strong way. My mom and I enjoyed a class together during her January visit (along with a spinning class, a run, and many walks around town!). I will continue to aim for 4 studio classes each week in February.
3. Cook 3 yummy meals each week, using new recipes - This was harder than I expected, but I did it. The effort of meal planning helped stock our home with healthy basics that I will use in the coming months. I'm also equipped with some new favorite recipes, including turkey, kale, and brown rice soup, white fish with orange cucumber mint relish, and lettuce wraps from Gwyneth Paltrow's book It's All Good.
4. Travel - Barely made this goal with a day trip to Bastrop, just 45 minutes outside of Austin. I can't wait to return to Neighbor's for live music by the river.
1. Run 2 miles every other day - Slow, steady, and routine-forming is the goal here. I'll share more on my running aspirations and progress later this month.
2. Take intro photography course and practice - I have signed up for an introductory class at my amazing local camera store. Online tutorials are helpful, but I would like some interaction with a professional and fellow beginners.
3. Write more notes (thank you's, letters, postcards) - I usually send Valentine's to my girlfriends and the women in my family. I'd like to add to this tradition with even more snail mail this month.
4. Read at night - My hope is for tech-free relaxation. Nighttime anxiety be damned! On my list are The Boys in the Boat and Being Mortal.